The Open is back… again for the 2nd time this year! The 2020 Open begins this October (2019) – makes perfect sense, right?!
Since we just had LOTS of Open fun in February & March this year, we are going to have a ‘watered down – casual’ Intramural Open this year – but still lots of fun and fitness! And you better believe October 2020 – we are coming at you with another full-blown Open Intramural throw-down – once a year!
How the Open Works:
The Open will run five weeks and consist of five workouts, with one workout being released each week starting Thursday, October 10, at 7PM. Subsequent workouts will be released on Thursday each week.
Hundreds of thousands of athletes around the world will be participating in these workouts!
This year since we are taking a casual approach at the Open, there will be no official Intramural teams or scores. There will be no registration to participate in the CFTC Intramural Open. Come for one of the workouts, or all five! We are bringing the focus to “inclusion,” “celebration,” and most of all “FUN!” – instead of competition (though there’s a good bit of that, too).
The Intramural Open is a fantastic way to get to know the rest of our members and build camaraderie while cheering on your fellow athletes!
Some of the workouts that will be programmed will be HARD! But don’t be discouraged. This year we are encouraging fun and participation by all – whether it’s your first Open or 10th!
Bar Muscle Ups <still> holding you back? Band them!
Don’t have pull-ups? Ring rows!
Working out in an inflatable T-Rex Costume seems like a noteworthy challenge!
Scale however you need, have fun – get into the spirit – and get after the workouts!
What will stay the same:
- CFTC will host Thursday Night Announcements and those who wish to take on the WOD @ 7PM (In lieu of the Thursday 6:30PM classes Oct 10-Nov 7 – except for Halloween, Oct 31 there will be NO PM classes)
- Saturdays during regular class schedule (8AM & 9:30A) the Open will be the Workout of the Day – if you’re here for a Saturday workout during these 5 weeks – you’ll be doing the Open Workout!
- Sunday Open Gym (10A-12P) will available to makeup the workout if you missed Thursday or Saturday and still want to take it on!
*Open Workouts may not be performed outside of these designated class times unless you schedule a 30 Minute PT Session with a Coach*
- Sunday Round Table – Catch the Coaches on Facebook Live for a weekly breakdown, commentary and shout-outs! Want to be a guest at the CFTC Plyo-Box Round Table? – Holler at us!
- Saturday, October 12 – CFTC Spirit (Red & Black, CFTC Shirts, Prior Year Open Shirts)
- Saturday, October 19 – Crazy Socks (The crazier, the better!)
- Saturday, October 26 – Halloween (Costumes encouraged!)
- Saturday, November 2 – Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead (Skulls, Flowers, Bright Colors)
- Saturday, November 9 – Final Workout Chili Cook-off/Potluck (Signup sheet will be available as we get closer)
If you would like to formally register for the Open and track yourself on the worldwide leaders boards you can register at open.crossfit.com. Registration is live and scores will be validated by Coach Andrew – however registration is not required to participate in the CFTC Intramural Open.
Looking forward to another exciting Open! See you all out there!